I’m back! I have been so busy the past few months with working, family, parties, photo shoots, and planning a conference (more on that big news later!) that I have had little time to blog but I just had to share these super easy holiday peppermint Oreo truffles I made for our Elf on the Shelf North Pole Breakfast yesterday.
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 40 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 10-12 Nabisco Chocolate Wafers, finely crushed
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 12 oz package of Wilton's Candy Melts, white chocolate
- Shortening for thinning chocolate if necessary
- Sugar crystals, clear and red
- Crushed candy canes
- Candy Cane Sparkle Sticks™
- Crush Oreos in a food processor in small batches and place crushed cookies in a large bowl with the softened cream cheese. You don't want to overdo it til they become powder, you just want to finely crush. Crush chocolate wafers in the food processor and place in bowl with crushed Oreos. Mix everything together until well incorporated. Add peppermint extract and mix again. I prefer to hand mix as opposed to using the food processor to mix. Once everything is all mixed together roll "dough" into balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet or platter. Put balls into freezer for about 20 minutes before dipping into chocolate.
- Follow directions on package of Candy Melts. I added about 2 tbsp of shortening to the chocolate to thin it out. Start with one tbsp and see how you like the consistency. Put your candy stick in the truffle ball and dip and coat in chocolate then place on wax paper to cool. Before chocolate hardens sprinkle with sugar crystals and crushed candy cane. If you have room put tray of decorated truffles in the refrigerator to harden. It was really cold outside so I actually put them on my patio table for a bit. Worked like a charm!
- I made my truffle balls kind of big, probably about 1.5" and was able to make 20.