It’s time to grab your girlfriends and a few bottles of Champagne and celebrate Galentine’s Day! I love just about any excuse to throw a party especially a Valentine’s themed party with hearts, Champagne, chocolate, fondue, and some good girlfriends. Today I’m sharing some ideas on how to celebrate hearts day with your besties!
You don’t need to have a honey to celebrate Valentine’s Day. You don’t need to take a baseball bat to a giant heart – you just need to gather some good girlfriends, good food, and great spirits! With World Market setting up your own Champagne Fondue Galentines Day Bar is a piece of cake.
Bright red balloons from the dollar store make a very easy and inexpensive backdrop. I love the pretty Georgina Ornate Chalkboard and thought it was perfect as a statement piece for my table. Originally I was going to write the menu on the board but wanted to do something a little more whimsical and went with, “POP, FIZZ, DIP, CLINK.”
I picked up several different types of Champagne and thought it would be fun to have a little taste test since they are all so different.
Party tip: Don’t have a fondue skewers? Grab some bamboo skewers and wrap the top portion of the skewers in washi tape. Really easy and very inexpensive.
These Heart Flutes are new this year and are really beautiful in person.
These “LOVE” napkins from World Market were simply stated and perfect for my buffet bar.
The table was filled with my favorite things to dip into fondue. On the left was my signature Champagne Marzipan Chocolate Fondue, strawberries, Walkers shortbread, Jammie Dodger biscuits, and Champagne Red Velvet Pancake Mix baked pancakes. I love the way the baked pancakes turned out in the 12 cup Heart Baking Pan.
- 1 cup of the World Market Red Velvet Pancake Mix
- Cold water
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- Butter for greasing pan
- In a medium bowl prepare Red Velvet Pancake Mix as directed but cut the amount of water needed by ⅓ to account for the addition of the Champagne. Beat egg into mixture.
- Add Champagne and salt.
- Beat until well incorporated.
- Grease baking pan.
- Pour into 12 cup heart baking pan. Fill only about ½ of the cavity as the baked pancakes do puff up.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- The entire container will make a little over a dozen hearts.
- Dip into chocolate fondue. You can also dip one half into melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
- 1 Villars Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 Villars Milk Chocolate Bar
- 1 Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Bar
- ⅓ package of marzipan bar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ Champagne or sparkling wine
- pinch of salt
- In medium saucepan on low heat or electric fondue pot on setting 2, melt chocolate bars, stirring often.
- Add bits of marzipan and continue to stir.
- Slowly add heavy cream while stirring.
- Add salt and Champagne or sparkling wine until well incorporated.
- Serves about 8 people.
On the right side of the table I had Champagne Swiss Fondue, apple slices, pear slices, bread, cauliflower, and broccoli. I have made my own fondue from scratch many times but the packaged Swiss Fondue from World Market tastes great and is so easy to use. I just opened the package and dumped it right into my electric fondue pot and let it simmer between settings 2 & 3 for a few minutes. You really don’t want it hotter than that otherwise the cheese will burn.
- 1 package of World Market Swiss Fondue
- ½ cup Champagne or sparkling wine
- Pour Champagne into medium saucepan on low or electric fondue pot and let simmer on setting 2 for a couple minutes.
- Add packaged fondue and stir while cheese is melting.
- Stir occasionally until cheese is completely melted and well incorporated with Champagne.
- Serves 4 people.
I always try to have fresh flowers at all my parties. Ranunculus are beautiful flowers and are an important part of our history here in Carlsbad so this is a little nod to where I live. Have you ever visited the Carlsbad Flower Fields? You should! It is just gorgeous.
I hope you enjoyed my Champagne Fondue Galentines Day Bar! Do you celebrate Galentine’s Day? I am wishing my bestie, Beth, a very Happy Galentine’s Day!
Need some gift ideas?
World Market Shopping Guide:
- Red Velvet Pancake Mix
- 12 cup Heart Baking Pan
- Swiss Fondue
- Heart Flutes
- Gallery Party Bucket
- Love Beverage Napkins
- Georgina Ornate Chalkboard
- Ghiradelli Intense Cacao Bar
- Villars Intense Dark Chocolate Bar
- Villars Pure Milk Chocolate Bar
- Walkers Shortbread
- Jammie Dodgers Biscuits
- Jaume Serra Cristalino Brut
- Astoria Prosecco
- Segura Viudas
This post was sponsored by World Market.