This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
If you have been peeking around my site you probably have noticed I share a lot of recipes. I really love to entertain and really really love to cook. Most of the recipes are my own, or handed down from family, but some come from good friends. One that is now a Christmas family tradition came from a very good friend of mine from high school. Sheila and I became friends in 9th grade and aside from being a very sweet and loyal friend, she is an amazing cook! I am very close with my high school girlfriends and we try to get together at least once a year. Several years ago we stayed at Sheila’s house and our last morning together she made this incredible breakfast casserole with tater tots, eggs, and Kraft cheeses. We now call this our Cheesy Christmas Casserole Recipe because I serve it every year now Christmas morning. Let’s all just thank Sheila now for sharing this with me because if you like yummy cheesy goodness you are going to love this!
One of the things I like best about this recipe is that it is really easy to make and it can be made the night before so all you have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning. Start with a bag of thawed tater tots and layer them on the bottom of your baking dish.
Now spread your cheeses on top of the tater tots. I use Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese and Kraft Pepper Jack.
I bought a package of diced ham all ready to go but you can cut them up any way you like. I like small pieces but you can also do strips. Also, I put more than a 1/4 cup of green onions but I like the flavor they add which is why I used more. Use as much or as little as you like.
Once you have beaten the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper well pour mixture over the tater tots, cheese, ham, and onions.
Bake for one hour and then let sit for about 15 minutes.
Serve with fruit, cinnamon rolls, and Champagne cocktails, and then enjoy your day!
- 1 bag of tater tots thawed
- 2 cups Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 cups Kraft Shredded Jalapeno Jack Cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham diced
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 4 eggs beaten
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Arrange tater tots in a single layer along the bottom of a large baking dish (mine is 13 x 10 x 2.25).
- Layer cheeses, ham, and green onions on top of tater tots.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt, and pepper. Beat or whip until well incorporated.
- Slowly pour over tater tots, cheese, ham, and onions.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- *do not use sausage as it is very greasy and don't use any vegetables that would reduce with water like peppers or tomatoes.
I am at Walmart several times a week (they know me by name now) and they always have a great selection of Kraft cheeses. You can find all you need in the Dairy aisle.
Be sure to check out more delicious cheese recipes at Kraft.com. What do you make Christmas morning? I’d love to hear all about it below!