It’s the 4th of July and my boys are out riding bikes enjoying this gorgeous weather so while little Miss Sassy Pants is taking a nap I am making peach and apple cobbler. It smells so good in my house right now! This recipe is adapted from Paula Deen’s Peach Cobbler.
Recipe for Peach and Apple Cobbler
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 2 cups sliced peaches peeling optional
- 2 cups sliced Granny Smith apples peeling optional
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from half lime
- 8 tbsp 1 stick butter
- 1 1/2 cups self rising flour*
- 1 1/2 cups milk room temperature
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg optional but I really think it makes a difference
- *if you don't have self rising flour add 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt for every cup of flour used
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put peach and apple slices, 1 cup sugar, water, juice of half of a lime, and about 1/4 tsp salt in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place stick of butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt. While butter is melting mix 1 cup of sugar and flour in a mixing bowl. Slowly add milk to prevent clumping. Add 1/4 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice and incorporate well. Pour mixture over melted butter in baking dish but don't stir it. Spoon fruit on top and then gently pour in syrup. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon on top if you like. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, batter will rise to the top and through the fruit while baking.
- Bake 350 degrees for 3-45 minutes
Thanks for checking out my recipe for peach and apple cobbler! Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream. Enjoy!