Add a little sparkle to your Champagne Poke Cake with Champagne Glitter Glaze!
Take your cake to the next level by making it sparkle. My Champagne Poke Cake with Champagne Glitter Glaze Recipe is sure to wow your guests in the most delectable way!
*post contains affiliate links
When I say I will add glitter to just about anything I’m not kidding. Not at all. I knew I wanted to serve a champagne cake to my friends at my Winter WINEderland party and knew I had to bling it up somehow…because…why not?! My champagne cake recipe is really really moist and is my new go to dessert. It’s really easy to make and the best part…it’s really sparkly!
I use a bundt pan but you could probably use a standard cake pan. I think the shape of the bundt pan looks particularly pretty on a cake stand though. I have quite a few cake stands but this one is my new favorite. It’s the perfect height and is perfect for cakes, cupcakes, and appetizers.
Do you see how sparkly this is?! It’s even prettier in person! I want to glitter all the stuff.
There are three levels of champagne happening here: champagne in the batter, champagne soaked into the baked cake, and champagne glaze drizzled all over the top.
So. Much. Glitter. Yes, this is completely edible glitter. I mean, you don’t want to eat too much of it but a little goes a long way on the cake.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup champagne
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2oz stick salted butter
- ⅛ cup water
- ¾ cups fine granulated sugar
- ¼ cup champagne
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- *Edible gold disco dust
- Bake 350 for 35 - 40 minutes
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and incorporate well for 3 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Pour into a very well greased and floured bundt pan. Make sure you get all the nooks and crannies covered with butter so that your cake pops right out.
- Bake until golden and cooked through until a toothpick is clean. When you take it out of the oven it will be domed but it will deflate and be perfect.
- Once the cake has cooled turn it over onto a pretty plate for serving.
- With a long wooden skewer poke holes all around the top and sides so that the glaze can get into every part of the cake.
- Glaze Directions:
- Place butter and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Boil over medium heat until butter and sugar are melted.
- Remove from heat and add the ¼ cup champagne, mix well.
- Use half of the glaze and pour slowly and carefully over the cake. You can also use a pastry brush and "paint" it on after you poke the holes.
- Add powdered sugar to remaining glaze. You want this glaze to be thick so if you find it is too runny add more powdered sugar by the tablespoon full and whisk together. Once your glaze is thick enough, slowly pour it over the cake and sprinkle gold disco dust over glaze.
Learn how to make these Sparkly Champagne Gummy Bears:
I hope you enjoyed my Champagne Poke Cake Champagne Glitter Glaze Recipe. Please let me know if you try it out yourself…I would love to know what you think!