I’ve said this before and I really mean it…I love champagne! I have been playing around with champagne recipes all week and I can’t wait to share some of them with you! I’ve wanted to try a champagne granita for a long time but all the recipes I know of required making a simple syrup. Out of sheer laziness I decided to skip that step and what I came up with was a really yummy Sparkling Champagne Granita Honey recipe. I have no idea what a traditional granita tastes like but I am loving this version!
This can’t really even qualify as a recipe because it’s just too easy but here goes…
- 2 cups champagne
- 2-3 tbsp honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 2 tbsp water
- Pour champagne into freezer safe bowl or dish.
- Pour honey and water and whisk for about 45 seconds or until honey seems dissolved.
- Place in freezer and after about 30 minutes take out and scrape down the sides. It will be a bit slushy. Mix gently and place back in freezer.
- At this point you could mix it every 30 minutes like many granita recipes call for but I left mine in the freezer overnight and broke it up the next morning. Your mixture should look kind of like a slushie.
- Serve immediately or place back in freezer until your ready to serve.
There it is…super easy! I hope you enjoyed my no fuss, no boil, no mess Sparkling Champagne Granita Honey recipe!