If you looked up “puppy chow recipe” or “muddy buddy recipe” online you probably came up with dozens of choices…thanks for stopping by mine! There are a lot of variations out there. Some call for chocolate chips, others add vanilla extract, others say bake the cereal first…it is all a matter of preference. My Baby Shower Muddy Buddy Puppy Chow Snacks recipe is pretty basic, very easy, and can me made a couple days before your event if stored in an air-tight container. Whatever you end up calling this….Muddy Buddy or Puppy Chow…is entirely up to you.
Aside from being able to make this ahead of time, the other great thing about this Baby Shower Muddy Buddy Puppy Chow Snacks recipe is that it’s really easy. You need two bowls, one large, and the other microwave safe, Chex Mix, peanut butter, butter, white chocolate chips, powdered sugar, and some candy.
Pour the Chex Mix into a large bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl melt peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in 45 second intervals, stirring each time. Once the mixture is smooth pour over the Chex Mix and gently toss to cover completely.
While the mixture is still warm place in ziploc bag and add powdered sugar. Seal and shake until covered with powdered sugar. You can add your candy to the bag at this point and shake along with the Chex Mix but I wanted the candies to stand out and not be covered in sugar. Totally up to you.
- 2 cups Sweet & Salty Chex Mix
- 2 cups Original Chex Mix
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cups white melting chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup pink candy
- 1/3 cup blue candy
- Pour Chex Mix into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the peanut butter, butter, and white melting chips in 45 second intervals. Mix between each 45 second interval.
- Pour mixture over Chex Mix and carefully mix around until evenly coated.
- Before the mixture sets quickly place in a ziploc bag and pour the powdered sugar in. Seal and shake well.
- I wanted my candies to stand out and not be covered in powdered so I added them after mixing.
This recipe will make about a half ziploc bag full which was more than enough for 12 small favors.
What would you add to your mix? Are you a Muddy Buddy or Puppy Chow kind of person?!