Marie Antoinette Party Ideas
Who is Marie Antoinette?
Did She Actually Say Let Them Eat Cake?
Favorite Things Party
When it came time to start planning my annual Favorite Things party I knew right away the theme had to be Marie Antoinette. For months I planned every detail. Eight months to be exact. I planned this Marie Antoinette themed party for eight months. I told my friends, if you do Marie you have to go big or go home.
Choosing Your Party Colors
Banners and Balloons
Take the Party Outside
Marie Antoinette Paintings
Lights and Tissue Pom Poms
Versailles Gardens Vinyl Banner
Tania Fischer Designs created an 8’x5’ banner of the Versailles Gardens…it was resplendent. When you walked into the backyard your eye immediately went to the
banner and you felt like you were having a lovely lunch in the gardens.
Favorite Things Party Gift Table
Hand Painted Plates
Roni had the most splendid lace umbrella that shielded her from the blazing sun. Smart woman!
Dressed Up Wine Glasses
The Queen’s Court
Royal Floral Arrangements
Pat Letsos of Zperfect Party designed floral arrangements to complement to the Gardens and the décor perfectly. She brought in topiaries to mirror those in Versailles and made several trips to the flower mart to find the most spectacular flowers and greenery available which included white hydrangeas, bright pink roses.
Marie Antoinette Party Food
Marie Antoinette Party Dessert Table
The most amazing éclairs, fruit tarts, profiteroles, and candy apples from Roni’s Sugar Creations.
Gold painted fondant crowns, frames and roses from Evie & Mallow.
Chocolate covered Oreos with a hand painted gold damask impression from Simply aMayzing Sweets.
Cotton candy with custom designed labels from Soiree Events.
Chocolate fleur de lis from Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins.
Edible Flowers in Ice Cubes
I purchased edible flowers at Whole Foods and placed them in the ice cube trays for that added elegant touch.
Family & Friends
After months of planning and late night craft sessions, I could not have been more pleased with the party. My guests had a great time, the food was wonderful, there was plenty of wine and treats, and I got to spend the evening with family, some of my best friends, sorority sisters, and many of my fellow “party girls”. I cannot thank my friend, Maria Healey, for all of the amazing photos she took. She captured all the little details and I am so grateful and honored she did this for me.
Jen also created a number of other printables for me and OnlineLabels.com was kind enough to send me the perfect labels to use for the event.
My friend, Mindy Cone kicked off her book tour here in San Diego and introduced her brand new book, Macarons, at the party while we sampled some yummy macarons and fawned over her
The Party is Over
After just about everyone had gone home, I sat down under this chandelier and smiled. Everything came together just as I had imagined and I was so happy to have spent an evening in my very own gardens of Versailles with my family and friends.
I’ve thrown lots of parties but I think Marie Antoinette inspired party is my favorite theme so far. You could easily use these ideas for birthday parties, tea parties, bridal showers, or even baby showers. I hope you feel inspired now to throw your own Marie Antoinette party!
- Party design and styling by Made by a Princess
- Printables designed by Blush Printables
- Professional photography by Maria Healey
- Floral decorations by Zperfect Party
- Eclairs, fruit tarts, and gourmet apples created by
Roni’s Sugar Creations
- Custom eclair flags from Go Against the Grain
- Fondant cupcake toppers created by Evie & Mallow
- Chocolate Oreos created by Simply aMayzing Sweets
- Cake pops by MKR Creations
- Fleur de lis lollipops created by Autumn Lynn’s ChocolateSins
- Custom cookies created by She Wears the Crown
- Sweets bags & paper straws from Pretty My Party
- Tissue pom poms & 36″ pink balloon from BloomDesigns Online
- Jeweled embellishments and crown in my hair from
- Versailles Garden banner created by Tania Fischer
- Custom wine glass embellishments by I Do Too Events
- “It’s Good to be Queen” crown and Marie Antoinette cookies created by Shawna
- Custom cotton candy label designed by Soiree EventDesign
- Masquerade masks created by Fizzy Party
- Tulle garland by TiTi Tutu’s
- Pink feather wreath by JP Alexander Events
- Labels provided by OnlineLabels.com
Published October 23, 2013
Updated September 24, 2020